From 25 May 2018 on, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), commonly known as “GDPR”, will come into force.
GDPR introduces revolution to the Polish personal data protection system. Each enterprise’s personal data protection system requires adaptation to new regulations. Therefore, it is recommended to entities, that process personal data of natural persons, to carry out a comprehensive legal audit for compliance of their personal data protection system with GDPR.
It should be borne in mind, that infringements of GDPR provisions shall be subject to administrative fines even up to 20 000 000 EUR, or in the case of an undertaking, up to 4% of the total worldwide annual turnover of the preceding financial year, whichever is higher.
Taking the above into consideration, we offer our Clients a comprehensive legal assistance related to adapting the personal data protection system to GDPR, including in particular:
- audit of a Client’s personal data protection system,
- analysis of necessity to appoint the data protection officer,
- verification of templates of agreements and other documents containing consent for processing of personal data and including information clauses,
- verification of correctness of personal data protection in the recruitment process,
- legal assistance at the stage of designing the enterprise’s IT systems in terms of their compliance with GDPR,
- conducting training courses for the employees in order to introduce new obligations implemented by GDPR.